Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Social Critic|
|Thursday, 09 August 2012 12:03|
On 13 August officially transmit the new channel mundofox , becoming the fifth channel of the U.S. Hispanic content with Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura and Azteca America. Mundofox is a partnership between Fox International Channels and Colombian RCN television network. It had announced its launch on January 23 and its transmissions reach the 70 percent of Hispanic households in the United States.
As it finishes its process of affiliation with local stations, enter the desired mundofox Hispanic market in the United States, composed of 50 million residents and valued at $ 3.6 billion. However, prior to its launch, has questioned the need for another channel on the Hispanic market television, if you improve the quality of Hispanic television, or if it is a move to clear the name of Rupert Murdoch, founder News Corporation and Fox International Channels, after a wiretapping scandal of its newspapers in Britain.
Although marketing experts mundofox trust as an alternative to television content for Latinos, others are not convinced as the blog of John of Words [on]
I must say that after reading the 'new' programming mundofox offer next month, I'm not impressed ... Eventually, the network executives said that the plan is to produce original content directly from Colombia, using the studies and RCN production resources. That's where we'll probably see real competition mundofox.
Some Twitter users dare to point a conspiracy against Hispanics, as Jerry Brant ( @ MeetJerryBrant ) [en]
@ MeetJerryBrant : Fox now comes with a Spanish-speaking channel, Fox World I think this is a plot by Fox for immigrants to turn against themselves.
Jenny Andrea ( @ JenAnAguirre ) blames a bridal RCN journalists following the alliance with Fox
Meanwhile, other users will be pleased to see new content in Spanish, as Veronica Perez ( @ Veronikpm )