Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Social Critic|
|Wednesday, 01 August 2012 02:58|
Between 24 and 26 July Colombiamoda held in the city of Medellin. The event, held since 1990, is a space for the marketing of products related to fashion, and is complemented by over 25 bridges and a pavilion academic conferences that take place during the three day fair.
Colombiamoda has had the participation of major companies and national and international guests, among which include designers like Lina Cantillo, Ronaldo Fraga, Walter Rodrigues, Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Loewe Fashion House or Agatha Ruiz de la Prada .
Photo taken by Lully, July 25, 2012
Some events during the event had little media coverage, as a protest by a group of trade unionists in the textile sector at the entrance to the fair to demand better working conditions.
Blogs are mostly devoted to advertising , to invite , or replicate what was said by the traditional media. Some blogs like Why Medellin report positive balances [in], and in his blog Fashiontaster [in], Juan Diego Perdomo gateway publishes pictures of the Spring-Summer Collection 2013 by Dario Cardenas.
Moreover, in his blog The Moment Built, Jose Luis Ruiz discusses other aspects of the event, as the visit of President Juan Manuel Santos:
It also questions the Mayor of Medellin, Sergio Fajardo:
Photo taken by Lully, July 25/2012
Ruiz also comments on the university and specifically shows the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana:
Finally, Ruiz refers to badges to enter the show:
Companies and individuals specializing in the area used Twitter to share event information. However, several users also criticized in some way or other matters relating to Colombiamoda. Others commented on the beauty of women , and some said the event not knowing or ignoring the fabrics used by the models.
However, several digital media and citizens helped to cover the fair. The photos page Demotix , for example, shared pictures of the event. In Google + showed different virtual meetings (hangouts) with different personalities from the world of fashion. Furthermore, as highlighted Alejandro Brofft ( @ AlejandroBrofft ), 75,000 people followed the Pavilion of Knowledge (lectures on fashion) by livestream.