Latest in the Section
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
- Will a President of the Internet?
- Plastering award BOBs 2013 Ukrainian blogger
- Chinese react to mastectomy of Angelina Jolie
- Activists occupy Parliament in Kenya
- Online Journalism in Nepal will be regulated
- Exploring the breasts to prevent Breast Cancer
- Trend Alert: The fashion of the crucifixes back in 2013
- Seduction Techniques: movements and dances that men go crazy
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Social Critic|
|Tuesday, 26 June 2012 12:01|
The Damas de Blanco returned to the news on the blogs of the Cuban diaspora. As one of the dissident groups oldest and most respected of the island, their peaceful protests, and the continued arrests by the repressive forces of the government, continue to call attention. A recent clash occurred last week when the group tried to hold two protests in Havana.
The blog Pieces of the island, which recorded the events through images , relates:
The same site also published two entries on the government's actions against members of the group. The first relates what happened with Caridad Caballero Batista with her husband and son, who were searched and arrested:
The second publication [in] describes the arrest of a lady who is part of the cluster:
Capitol Hill Cubans [at] also recounted the arrests of the week.
The thumbnail image used in this post is dumplife (Mihai Romanciuc), used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) . Visit the gallery dumplife (Mihai Romanciuc) on flickr .