Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- Copy the look of the famous
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Social Critic|
|Sunday, 11 March 2012 01:18|
During the night of March 9 and the morning of 10, Israeli warplanes attacked targets [in] over the Gaza Strip, with at least 12 dead and 20 wounded.
On the afternoon of March 9, Zuheir al-Qaysi, secretary general of the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC), was killed during an Israeli raid in Gaza City, together with his assistant Ahmad Abu Hanani. Hanani was originally from Nablus, was deported to Gaza as one of the prisoners released in prisoner exchange agreement [in] a few months ago.
In response, Palestinian resistance groups in Gaza fired rockets into Israel, but no injuries. Israel responded with air strikes that severely overwhelmed Gaza and left 12 martyrs in total, identified by the Ma'an News Agency [in] as Muhammad al-Ghamry, Fayiq Saad, Muatasim Hajjaj, Ubeid Gharabli, Hararah Muhammad Hazim Qureiqi, Shadi Sayqali, Zuheir al-Qaysi, Mahmoud Hanani, Maghari Muhammad Mahmoud Najim and Ahmad Hajjaj. Some reporters said then [in] which was 15 dead.
Gaza surfers have responded to these attacks through Twitter:
This attack comes at a time of regional changes and political alliances. Last week, in view of the high possibility of an American-Israeli war in Iran, 2 of the top Hamas official announced [in] that Hamas would not get involved by supporting Iran in the event of an Israeli attack. Hamas has also declared his support [in] the people of Syria in its fight against Assad.