Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Health|
|Wednesday, 18 July 2012 21:05|
In a previous article we talked about the risks of tattoos . The phenomenon of piercing like the tattoos are in fashion. The history of the piercing goes back centuries, 5,000 years ago. In Demedicina.com talk about the added risks that may have piercings. If you think a piercing be sure to read it.
What is body piercing?
The ears pierced to wear earrings is so normal that almost no one is surprised. If anything get more attention as other types of piercings in the nose, lips, eyebrows or navel piercing, tongue or sometimes on the genitals. This practice is based on body piercing jewelry to introduce some form. Body piercing as in the ears or nose, to introduce elements is quite old and is represented in the historical records of grave goods.
There is evidence of this practice for more than 5,000. The nose piercing is documented eg 1,500 years before Christ. In African and American tribes the lips and nipples pierced was quite common. In Berber tribes and nomadic Bedouin tribes of the Middle East is still practiced and the size of the nose ring is indicative of the wealth of the family.
Although the establishments where they perform piercings and tattoos must meet standards set by management (use of disposable equipment, sterilization of tools where appropriate, local cleaning, to make a piercing is still the best conditions at times there may be some side effects)
Most frequent risks
The tongue piercings can cause impaired speech, broken teeth by rubbing with a metal object. Wear of tooth enamel, increased risk of bleeding.
Piercing of the genitals, may interfere with the functions of the genitals. They can generate painful sex or painful urination. This is especially common in piercings around the penis.
The perforations in the upper ear cartilage . These perforations are at greater risk than those in the soft part of the ear. If infected you can create a painful abscess. In severe cases, antibiotics may be necessary but not always effect and sometimes has to resort to surgery to remove the infected cartilage. This can lead to deformation of the ear.
Do not have a self-piercing ever since they increase the risks
In an approved establishment is effected hygiene technique and precision, if a person tries to make himself a danger piercing as it is quite likely to have neither the training nor proper equipment or proper hygiene to minimize risks.
It is much more common than may have serious complications if the person has performed the piercing or not has gone to a specialist. If you're considering a piercing always go to specialized sites. What you pay, if you resort to save money then you can have professional consequences.
If you find this helpful article you can share it on: Google, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for reading Demedicina.com
You may also like
Sources | en.wikipedia.org
Photos | warnet.ws / galloinstitute.org /