Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- Copy the look of the famous
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Health|
|Wednesday, 20 June 2012 17:40|
Each year increasing rates of drownings in Spain, according to the Ministry of Health in 2010 were admitted to hospital with symptoms of 478 people have been drowning, more than double in 2009.
What to do in case of drowning? The first call for help is unclear if personnel on beaches and swimming pools, but emergency call. In Demedicina.com tell you more about first aid for choking.
Each year more than 5,000 children age 19 by drowning in Europe. Often the rash is behind these tragic events. Alcohol consumption leads to an unconscious behavior which does not take into account the risks, jump into the water from balconies overlooking a swimming from bridges or areas of great depth.
What to do in case of drowning?
1 - To advise the lifeguard at the beach or pool, because this person knows how to act in these cases. If no one called 112 for help.
Common sense, do not risk your life
2 - If the person is within your reach, take it out of the water, BUT PLEASE NOTE: If the drowning victim is unconscious and is available to you can try to rescue him directly, however if the victim is conscious and gesticulating, caution should it can be dangerous. Unfortunately many people have died trying to save drowning people drown.
Think before you act. Use something the victim can grab to pull your power as a branch, rope, clothing or towels tied to each other.
You can also throw a lifeline to the victim, or offer your hand if you are close and strong area, or supported. If you're in the water may be that the victim's despair will grip you and may jeopardize your life. If trying to save someone sinks in water, is the victim sink with you, so as long as you stay afloat let go.
If you try to get someone out of the water always brings you something to tow the victim. A table, or float, or string, which the victim can grab then drag to the shore or a safe area.
3 - If you got the victim from the water, put it laying on their back, observing breathing, if breathing is not notice to proceed with artificial respiration or RCP .
It is important to start rescue breathing as soon as possible because every second that passes is vital. Avoid too much to move the injured person, but to start the victim artificial respiration must be face up and one has to check that it has nothing in the throat or mouth distorting aid. Loosen your belt or clothing that can make breathing difficult.
As you can see in the picture do heart massage by putting a hand over hand to the chest. Then he proceeds to breathe air again.
Recommendations from Red Cross
- Bathing in water enabled the bathroom, not in places you do not know and do not even know its depth.
- Do not try to swim against the tide, will surely wear
- Avoid entering the water abruptly
- Use a special water shoes
- Do not bathe while doing the digestion, you may suffer a cut of digestion .
- Leave the water if you notice any unusual symptoms in you
- Do not dive in head first in areas that do not know, may have little depth and producirte injury.
- Do not risk trying to save someone in danger in the water before! Ask for help!
- Respect the flags that indicate the status of beach water.
- Pay attention to the edge of the pools are often wet and can slip
- If you play sports respect the areas reserved for swimmers, can arroyarlos without realizing it.
If you liked this article you can share it on: Google, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for reading Demedicina.com
You may also like
Sources | www.msssi.gob.es, www.monografias.com
Photos | fotos-bebes.net/.popularasians.com /