Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Health|
|Thursday, 21 June 2012 13:01|
One of the most common defects seen in adults is presbricia or "sight". This is a default retractivo manifested by a difficulty in the proper focus of near objects.
Presbyopia usually occurs after 45 or 50 years, and each day there are more people who are detected. Studies show that within 10 years, more than half of the Spanish population suffer presbyopia.
The main symptom is difficulty focusing at times of reading books, documents, or in front of the computer screen. Most commonly, you need to zoom in and reading material to try to regulate away the possibility of adapting it to focus his eyes, rather than vice versa.
The reason for this is found in the lens, which is part of the eye behind the iris. This is natural lens of the eye that is responsible for focusing images at different distances with a change in its curve. The ability to give greater or lesser curvature is lost over the years and is what causes the difficulty in focusing.
You have different treatments, from the use of reading glasses to alternative treatments main intervention by laser or intraocular lens.
Usually, presbyopia can intervene. Recent advances have led to eye the appearance of a new correction procedure called SUPRACOR.
This procedure is quick and simple procedure using an excimer laser, it is the "size" of the cornea that allows multifocal functional vision at all ranges of distances. Besides being an intervention that lasts less than a minute is not painful and is done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia and topical.
As you can imagine, the results are usually very positive and usually the patient can stop using fully glasses or reading glasses.
You can find SUPRACOR treatment in certain eye clinics in Spain, as the Eye Clinic of Valencia Rahhal.
If we focus on this clinic, we can say that is a pioneer nationally in the use of laser refractive surgery in this type of operation: nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.