Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Health|
|Monday, 23 April 2012 21:17|
Benefits of vegetables raw, the World Health Organization recommends eating daily fruit and vegetables 3 to 4 servings.
C onsumir vegetables and fruits helps prevent diseases. Provide vitamins, antioxidants, carbohydrates, fiber. In Viviendosanos.com tell you more about the benefits of raw vegetables videos.
Vitamins and minerals
The raw vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins A, E and C, B vitamins and minerals like iron, potassium or calcium. Raw vegetables are a source of phytonutrients, substances beneficial to health, phytonutrients are related to the colors of fruits or vegetables.
- E l lycopene present in vegetables or fruits such as red tomato , combat coronary heart disease and protects against prostate cancer
- Flavonoids in fruits vegetables or red or purple. It prevents blood clots and is beneficial for the heart and brain. It is found in onions, eggplant, tomatoes, strawberries, blackberries
- Anthocyanins, purple blue and red, are potent antioxidants beneficial for the brain and to lower cholesterol. Red peppers, radishes, beets, eggplant
- Lutein, zeaxanthin and carotenoids in fruits and vegetables orange or yellow. Protects against macular degeneration, or cataracts, corn, melons, carrots, yellow peppers, squash
- Sulforafanos, green, found in vegetables such as cabbage, spinach or broccoli is a beneficial compound against lung cancer
- Alpha-carotene and beta-carotene, orange, are effective antioxidants , protect against cancer and lung diseases. Carrots, mangoes, pumpkins.
- Criptoxantinas and tarpenos, orange and yellow prevent ulcers and certain cancers. In mandarins, oranges, corn.
- Allicin, white, like garlic or onions. These vegetables are beneficial for reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Antioxidants help us prevent and reverse the damage to cells due to aging. Free radicals are linked to cancer and cardiovascular disease. Also antioxidants are important to reduce the risk for diseases such as arthritis or Alzheimer's.
According to the University of Michigan certain antioxidants like beta carotene is better absorbed than raw vegetables from cooked. Instead other substances such as lycopene found in tomatoes improved by cooking.
Raw vegetables are great sources of dietary fiber. Diets high in fiber is beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels and preventing cardiovascular disease. The fiber also helps to improve bowel movement and prevents constipation.
They promote weight loss
Raw vegetables are diuretic because they have a high water content. These are foods that can be consumed in quantity but low in calories. A good source of salad requires chewing and take longer to eat than other caloric foods.
Wash fruits and vegetables with water and a drop of bleach or a product suitable for cleaning vegetables.
You may also like
If you liked this article you can share it on Facebook, Twitter or Google +, thanks for reading Viviendosanos.com
Source | www.livestrong.com