Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Copy the look of the famous
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Health|
|Thursday, 15 March 2012 02:04|
The analysis of urine , together with that of blood , one of the most used by the physician to assess the condition of the patient and to guide future correctly diagnoses to other more specific explorations. It consists in obtaining a urine sample, usually collected by the patient at home with appropriate aseptic conditions and then are taken to the specialist in less than 24 hours and analyzed in a laboratory dedicated to it.
Urine tests are common and often also very simple. Within the urine can find different methods:
In a routine of urine, usually the sample collection can be performed by the patient at home, depositing it in a sterile container and is normally ordered it the first morning urine because it is the most sediment concentration is high, which facilitates further study.
This sample should be collected aseptically major part of the patient, for example trying to avoid touching the edges of the container by hand, maintaining good hygiene and be surrendered as soon as possible for analysis, not keeping it never for periods exceeding to 24 hours.
Apart from this indication, the urine test does not require any special preparation, or is in any way painful, or have contraindications or no risk to the patient.
Its application is diverse and can be ordered by the physician for very different reasons, including finding a simple routine check that all parameters are correct. Urine tests, to diagnose pregnancy, diseases of the urinary system, and above all, is an effective indication of other diseases but then needed further testing for confirmation, through this analysis, the physician receives a valuable information by which to guide their diagnosis correctly.
Another frequent application of urine tests is to detect substances psicotrópias consumption. In this particular case, it may be necessary that the sampling takes place in a health center, and handled at all times by qualified staff to avoid faseamiento thereof. This is very common, for example, during a treatment of chemical dependency or substance abuse, to assess and monitor the patient, as is common for drug addicts try to conceal the use or relapse.