Latest in the Section
- Proposals and ideas for showing off your bathroom
- The Bolivian Evo Morales may be a candidate for reelection
- 10.6 seconds for posterity
- First Latin American Congress of living cultures
- More than 3,000 participate in ongoing massive data journalism
- Lebanon: strike the blogger for taking photos
- Angola: Government threatens to close media
- Petition the UN to investigate the elections in South Korea
- Nicaraguan law advocate violence against women
- Died Jorge Rafael Videla, the ideologue of the military dictatorship in Argentina
Popular in the Section
- Rockers Accessories for Summer 2011
- Autumn Winter Fashion 2010-2011: urban clothing and sensual TCN
- Overview of Technology for Transparency, Part VI
- Nutrinews INNEOV forum for bloggers | Register
- Ivory Coast: three journalists arrested for posting documents on the coffee and cocoa
- Laos: Mekong Tourism Forum
- Copy the look of the famous
- The five most beautiful football
|Society & You - Pregnancy &amp; Parenting|
|Friday, 05 November 2010 08:00|
What is elastic hymen? The hymen is a thin, fragile tissue on the inside of the female genitalia.
The size and shape of the hymen varies greatly from woman to woman. At birth, most girls have no hymen, since the tissue divided completely while still in the womb. Sometimes this does not happen and girls are born with an imperforate hymen. The physician should examine the conditions of the vulva of the newborn to confirm that her hymen is in perfect condition.
Before puberty, the tissues of the vulva are generally very fragile and thin. Any activity that these tissues subjected to great stress can stretch and damage the hymen. On certain occasions, there has been the case in young people who have damaged and dilated her hymen to perform various physical activities such as horseback riding, inserting or removing tampons or even masturbate.
In some women the hymen is broken in more than one occasion. Even some are sufficiently elastic to allow the vagina is penetrated, without the hymen tear. This often happens if vaginal dilation occurs gradually with fingers or other objects over an extended period of time.
The hymen or not there is not an accurate indicator that a girl is still virgin. Since only a 50 per cent of women have bleeding the first time.
The hymen does not disappear when something is inserted into the vagina. You can stretch without breaking or tearing . So, curious cases of pregnant women who come to the delivery room, with the hymen intact, so the doctor has to tear it to facilitate birth.