Society & You -
Pregnancy &amp; Parenting
Tuesday, 07 August 2012 04:04
Pregnancies in the process of extension are also known as post-term pregnancies as are those that can exceed the 42 weeks of gestation , which involves not only the "exit cuentasd" excessively, but also runs the risk baby we're going to have.
Every pregnancy has a number of steps that must be met for our weeks gestation and above are correct to not at risk to our health and the fetus. Some women have what is known as pregnancy in the process of extension and that must be always controlled by specialist physicians.
What is a way of prolonging pregnancy?
- It is called post-term pregnancy, pregnancy whoever exceeds 42 weeks of gestation, causing suffering which tested 294 days of amenorrhea.
- Typically, any pregnancy "normal" has a gestation period of 280 days or 40 weeks. And there are many cases of prolonged pregnancies occur although we can say that statistics show that it suffered between 3 and 11% of all pregnancies and their impact.
- This data can eventually reduce to 1-2% when taking into account the date of last menstrual period (LMP) and the age calculated by ultrasound the first trimester.
- On the other hand, there is really a way to move forward which will have a pregnancy of this kind, and in fact the scans performed in the first we know timestre mark the gestational age of the pregnant woman but not for whether the long period of amenorrhea its going to be "normal" or will continue.
- I should add that if miscalculated the date of ovulation may calculate that bad after weeks pregnant and so we take that make a miscalculation when we have light, but this need not always be the reason of having a pregnancy prolonged and also may be repeated in women who suffer in a first pregnancy.
Risks for women with prolonged pregnancy.
- This type of pregnancy not only pose a risk to the fetus, which I will explain later, but for pregnant women also means that you can end up suffering from stress , not to mention you may have to undergo induced labor, or performing a cesarean section and of course that may be sustained trauma at birth.
- On the other hand to induce pregnancy, also may be suffering from bleeding and infection, and while caesarean section is the best option (due to size and have the baby) in some hospitals (increasingly less) still opt for methods forceps or vacuum as that involves not only hurts us more or we suffer trauma, but it costs more to take the baby.
Risks to the fetus of a prolonged pregnancy:
- This type of pregnancy is always a riesto for the baby, as it not only has a size that can make delivery difficult, but also the placental aging can lead to lack of oxygen to the fetus, and also that food is not the necessary for their development, as well as amniotic fluid decreases its weight can be affected with a loss.
- Once the baby is born wrinkled skin due to the decline of the liquid amoniótico, besides being of a greenish color. Nails and hair may also be longer than normal.
I leave video on pregnancy in the process of extension:
Other items of interest in Embarazo10: