Latest in the Section
- Like Father, Like Son: find a stranger in the family privacy
- Denmark wins Eurovision 2013 and Spain is penultimate
- Denmark is proclaimed winner of Eurovision 2013
- Oil companies earn 31% for each liter of fuel, is it fair?
- Mitsubishi MiEV Evolution II, electrificando otra vez Pikes Peak
- Nissan JukeRide, will you participate in the development of a car?
- Mercedes S-Class History, over 100 years of luxury on wheels
- TRD blank spot puts a 2014 Lexus IS
- Hyundai wants to fill an empty hole in their range with a compact SUV
- Motorfull Green: Porsche 918 Spyder, five driving modes for all gobernarlos
Popular in the Section
- Taylor Swift en top-less
- Pictures of Miranda Kerr en la revista Ocean Drive
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato strolling hand in hand and
- Adam Sandler becomes a priest for the second time
- Betting Forum
- Nereida Gallardo topless in Sardinia
- The famous and the mystery of the tattoos of stars
- Ricky Martin came out with Valerio Pino
- Justin Bieber Biografía
- Miley Cyrus, en bikini en la playa
|Entertainment - Motorsport|
|Wednesday, 23 May 2012 22:11|
The economic problems of Mazda and Fiat need to have a modern platform and adapted to be rear-wheel drive for your Spider has created an association of the most rare. The Mazda MX5 and the future of shared Spider platform. A notice something bizarre because nobody expected it. Mind you, this continues to be a nonbinding agreement of understanding for use Fiat platform MX5 in its new "spider".
So that we understand, Mazda needs money, Fiat has it and want to save the create a new database that possibly desaprovechase in terms of cost / benefit. This agreement involves nothing more, or share engines, behavior, nothing, only "four irons" united to give birth to a project that seemed stalled.
The chief executive of Fiat , Sergio Marchionne, said:
The head of Mazda, Takashi Yamanouchi, added:
Marchionne has sought to make clear that we must not confuse this project with the 4C, which was entrusted to a subsidiary of Maserati so you do not use this platform is not part of the agreement.
In another development, a prerequisite is that they have to be entirely different products, both technically and aesthetically, so we will not see the Spider SKYACTIV engines or TwinAir in the MX5. I'm staying with this confirmation more calm because in this way can maintain its core, that touch that differentiates each brand and it should be noted on each vehicle.
Production of the new Alfa Romeo is scheduled for 2015 while the next generation MX-5 will be released next year. Still, not yet signed a formal agreement and this has been something of a "trial balloon" for online media, which piquemos, publish the news and so the communication department of the brands that can evaluate risks in terms of image and presence that may have an agreement of this magnitude. I put it easy, I like, I like to share platform and I like because it means that we ensure the continuity of two legendary automotive products, the MX5 and the Spider.