Latest in the Section
- Like Father, Like Son: find a stranger in the family privacy
- Denmark wins Eurovision 2013 and Spain is penultimate
- Denmark is proclaimed winner of Eurovision 2013
- Oil companies earn 31% for each liter of fuel, is it fair?
- Mitsubishi MiEV Evolution II, electrificando otra vez Pikes Peak
- Nissan JukeRide, will you participate in the development of a car?
- Mercedes S-Class History, over 100 years of luxury on wheels
- TRD blank spot puts a 2014 Lexus IS
- Hyundai wants to fill an empty hole in their range with a compact SUV
- Motorfull Green: Porsche 918 Spyder, five driving modes for all gobernarlos
Popular in the Section
- Taylor Swift en top-less
- Pictures of Miranda Kerr en la revista Ocean Drive
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato strolling hand in hand and
- Adam Sandler becomes a priest for the second time
- Betting Forum
- Nereida Gallardo topless in Sardinia
- The famous and the mystery of the tattoos of stars
- Ricky Martin came out with Valerio Pino
- Justin Bieber Biografía
- Miley Cyrus, en bikini en la playa
|Entertainment - Music|
|Friday, 15 June 2012 21:30|
We knew that the former leader of Talking Heads, David Byrne, and Annie Clark of St Vincent were working on a collaborative album, but it is now that we have to know the data release. Will be an album to be released on September 11 via 4AD , will have 12 songs, will be called Love This Giant and its cover is illustrating that you can see these lines.
As recounted in 4AD , Byrne and Clark met in 2009 at a benefit concert. It was from then that he began working on ideas and song structures, they shared over the Internet. A year later, the lead singer of St Vincent participated in the album Here Lies Love Byrne and both realized that a collaborative album might be a good idea. Not take long to get to work fully in studies Water Music in Hoboken (New Jersey), which composed together ten of the twelve songs that appear on the plate.
Musically, the artists have had a band of brass instruments and percussion programmed by John Congleton. We can hear a first sample below. It is "Who", the first cut that includes the disk and you can download for free in exchange for an e-mail:
Is a mixture of soul, funk and jazz very rhythmic and catchy album that promises very interesting. The first preview is full of harmonies and contrasts, with the voice of Annie Clark reserved for parties with more punch. Together, Byrne and Clark get a result very compact and nice, and you notice they have very well attuned to the time of writing.
In the months of October and September, the two artists come out of U.S. tour to present these songs and others that "the public know", according to Byrne. In addition, the show is guaranteed because they accompany a band of brass eight musicians, a keyboardist and a drummer. Hopefully we can enjoy these concerts in Europe and Latin America.
The list of themes Love This Giant is as follows: