Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Strange Inventions|
|Wednesday, 29 August 2012 03:00|
Yes, really, we're not kidding, the international day to read comics in public is a celebration that has been religiously celebrating geeks and otakus around the world from the remote and turbulent times of 2010. The idea for this celebration of two children: Brian Heater and Sarah Morean, who chose this date because it's own Jack Kirby's birthday, famous cartoonist, that this 2012 would have 95 years old, and who located safe for his work with the guys at Marvel. For me his most emblematic and historic was this little arachnid, conceived by Stan Lee:
Heater and Morean are relatively popular member of the editorial staff of alternative comics site The Daily Cross Hatch , both started the celebration as a way to express and share the joy that this ritual is to discover incredible adventures and worlds through stories, Case started a bit reserved but spread virally through social networks to the point that everyone is talking about this .
If you look out to your Facebook wall is very likely that you come across a picture of one of your friends posing in a park with a cartoon in his hands, and the ritual of celebration for this date also includes portray his comic and share in their networks.
I just got to become aware of that I have no one in the office comic, this is a good time to change that.
Photos: Captain Comics