Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Strange Inventions|
|Friday, 17 August 2012 23:49|
The book yosoy (well, with initial lowercase together) is a compilation of photographs that portrayed is the same one who pulled the plug. We can understand it as idle narcissism as an introspective exercise or as a way to experiment with new technologies. Anyway, the 91 authors of the book, showing their own version of contemporary visual field.
Among the new technologies, social networks , cameras or mobile computer and our increasing narcissism, we have become practitioners recurrent self-portrait, capturing fans what we consider our most interesting face. The yosoy photo book of the same concept and proof that it is possible to capture much more than stretching yourself out to be in front or holding the camera in front of the mirror:
The book is edited by Piano Piano, an imprint of independent photo books, based in Buenos Aires. His first volume was called Bikes: the bicycle as the icon of the modern hipster. In yosoy exercise is similar, but it is to show the viewer how to understand yourself the shooter. The interesting thing, I think, is their intention to disclose voluntarily intimacy as something impossible. Everyone likes to look at us from the front or in profile. Watching other, practicing our same angles, is involved with a little vanity.
If you are interested in a print, can get in getting yourself in Free Market .
(The initial lowercase title is shocking, had to say it.)