Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Strange Inventions|
|Tuesday, 07 August 2012 19:13|
How would you feel if in your next visit to the Museum of Modern Art in New York , had the opportunity to experience a guided tour of children? Audio Tour Hack is responsible for realizing the idea. The project, Unadulterated MoMA is an audio tour featuring children. Each piece in the permanent collection is analyzed by experts under 10 years old, willing to share their presentations more honest about the true meaning of art and the strange aspect that gets at times.
What makes us experts in an area and how can we determine that we old enough to identify as such? Do you have to do with the time devoted to cultivate this or that discipline? How much influence individual and unique perspective that we show as we approach the subject in question? Audio Tour Hack considered worth asking these questions and, as we decided on an answer, presents an alternative guide for the permanent collection at MoMA, where children share their perceptions of modern art.
Hack Audio Tour is a collective of artists and communicators, specialized in creating sound experiences that guide them interactive, fun, unconventional museums during the tour. In May, the group was offering a tour of an exhibition of John Chamberlain, at the Guggenheim in New York, where the artist's sculptures were understood as the Transformers universe. Yes, the Transformers. Now it's turn to look out the child's perspective. Unadulterated MoMA is an audio guided tour, narrated entirely by children, with the simplicity and grace that this might entail.
MoMA's permanent collection is subjected to criticism from New Yorkers for Children 3 to 10 years. In case you are interested in your opinions scholarly (and the museum is too far or you do not plan to visit), the audio file can be downloaded from the website . Children offer their views, endearing, absurd, honest, hilarious, and his criticism of artists like Jackson Pollock or Andy Warhol .
The experience sounds fun and helps to remove the sacred mantle of art we love the dress. The untouchable museum pieces no longer seem so solemn. Make an established artist in the spotlight of children is a bit like watching him in his underwear. If art is meant to be universal, impossible to ignore the views of children.