Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Strange Inventions|
|Friday, 03 August 2012 03:30|
The new suitcase Whaletale at first glance may seem to have a manufacturing defect or will even remind you to one of those wedding dresses that dragged its tail across the aisle, but in reality it is a carrier with an accessory very simple, surprisingly useful and creative.
How many times have we had to wait for hours in a waiting room of an airport or bus terminal, usually are sites that are saturated with common people and there is no space to sit, most of the time we have no other option to ignore the dirt and sit on the floor when we can only now the situation is more problematic if he wants to sit your toddler is, because that is where the Whaletale into action.
This case has as a kind of accessory cloth or thin carpet, which can be deployed for children or adults can sit on it without getting dirty, offering a hygienic and friendly space where even fit two small. The concept of this product comes from the head of Daye Kim, a student at California College of Arts, who developed the project for a course at your school.
Kim went straight to the waiting areas of airports and interviewed passengers about their travel experiences. After analyzing the data taken with the idea of the suitcase, which developed and presented itself to compete in the Core77 Design Awards, where she won first place in its category.
The surface of the cloth is made from waterproof nylon, is easy to clean without bringing them into a washing machine and separate, as is all the rage, the project includes an app for mobile phones, where parents can report Whaletale community on the best places to expand the tail of the bag ...
Photos: Fast Co Design