Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Strange Inventions|
|Wednesday, 01 August 2012 03:34|
Vertigo generated by the approach of this film is serious. In the case of audiovisual produced for academic purposes, but the message and perspective of the plot leaves fertile ground for intense debate. How will our society in the future if interfaces augmented reality completely integrate into our daily lives?
Sight, a video made by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo as a graduation project of the Bezalel Academy of Arts, eerily confronts us against serious dangers and possibilities of augmented reality. Turning our existence in a sort of infinite app, which coincides with an entertainment channel and a video game where the others are a means to an end and a score on the scoreboard.
All part of the idea of a visual interface called Sight, which is used by contact lenses that project before us all the flow of information and knowledge we need about our surroundings, even when it comes to interacting with other person and manipulate the scene.
Disturbing is not it, I find impressive the distinct likelihood that something like Sight possible in a not too distant future, the Glass Project of Google is something to which I immediately sent the short. The flow of information, integration of the visual interface with absolutely everything we do from day to day reality becomes unreal and almost makes other objects.
On the other side of the video production is quite polished and professional, one of the most impressive things is the age of those involved, it seems a college project. It works in several aspects from the script itself and its premise to the visual side of production.
Of course, I must confess that when I saw the app appointments to have her I died, would be very useful.