Latest in the Section
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
- Tips for Planting organic tomatoes
- The ultimate chocolate packaging designs
- Vehicles with green technology
- Interesting and fun gardening tricks to care for your plants
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Parasol able to charge electronic devices by solar
- PIXERS, decals cult film
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Strange Inventions|
|Thursday, 26 July 2012 17:55|
French designer furniture Piergil Fourquie are versatile, seem inspired by architectural constructions and have a proposal that goes beyond practicality. Every man for himself, or all together in the same space, I bring you a selection that meets 5 of his most interesting designs.
1. Mesa Hip
Very similar to typical bistro tables (round and with a center support). The pieces can be put next to each other, depending on the number of guests. The union of such agencies may not be very comfortable, as the surface would be completely flat, but, as the union is strength, there is always the possibility of organizing themselves and not to spill the cup nearby. Best tablecloths or talk.
2. Mesa-cabin Cahute
The designer says he created this table in response to his "childhood imagination". And yes, the concept is fun. It is a table with double surface and a lamp can be placed at three different points, since its base is magnetic. The herd effect is achieved if the lampra placed face down, pretending that the lower surface of the table is the floor of the house, and the upper ceiling.
3. Big Boss Desk
This furniture is also cabañesco (ie, forms), although the overall concept is part of the contemporary. Is made of wood and metal cushioned by one of its faces. Not much space and provides privacy. Its main disadvantage: a single drawer and too small, just to keep two notebooks and a pencil.
4. Partition Shelves
They are called so because of their projections, the designer was inspired by the shape of the sheet music. Like hip tables may join with one another. Also function as benches, tables, even as stands. They are modular, adaptable and colorful: shelf solution for small spaces.
5. Totems lobby Accessories
It is a collection of six items to the lobby, three end tables, a mirror, a pot and a coat rack. The pieces are made of wood, concrete base. Interesting effect is achieved with the different heights of the pieces. Imagine: you get home, look in the mirror, put the sweater on the rack and let the sunglasses on the table (the pot lightens experience). Unwelcoming appearance is offset by good intentions.
I love versatile furniture, designs that serve more than one thing. Personally, I favor a more ornate and more corny, but recognize that Fourquie designs are interesting.