Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Cooking and Eating|
|Wednesday, 26 August 2009 19:01|
Paella is a typical Valencian dish old. Rice can make many variations depending on the tastes of the guests, but always defining the type of pan used for cooking.
Does the container?
The large pan in which you cook this dish known as paella and makes distinctive and unique to this traditional Valencian dish. Depending on the diameter of the paella reaches for different portions (calculate 20 cm for 1 serving, 25 for 2 and 30 for 3 servings, and so on. For about 10 people paella should be about 46 cm in diameter, to 18 servings about 60 cm and for 50 portions, 90 cm).
Pour the oil in the paella and leveling. the fire and wait until the oil is hot. First, when the oil is already smoking, add the chicken and rabbit into pieces. It is best to salt them before. Brown over medium heat.
When all the meat is golden add the vegetables and sauté for a few moments. It moves everything to the edges making a hole in the middle where we will put to fry the tomatoes and then the paprika. Attention! The fire should be gentle at this point because if the paella paprika burns will be bitter.
Pour the water until it covers the edge of the paella. Add salt and cook for 30 minutes.
At this point add the rice which should be an inch overhanging the stock level. Relationship is important liquid / rice in the paella and this is the exact measure.
Saffron is added. Mix so that all the rice is covered and cooked over high heat for about 7 or 8 minutes. When the rice begins to emerge lower heat and cook for 4 or even 5 minutes. Then cook another 3 or 4 minutes over low heat to medium, depending on the amount of broth (if it was very liquid over medium heat, but on a very very low).
To be truly Valencia, that let it rest a bit, about 5 minutes allow proper absorption of the broth and highlight the flavors.