Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Cooking and Eating|
|Tuesday, 24 April 2012 19:01|
In our tour of America, writing the typical flavors of each country, today we come to Guatemala. The traditional cuisine of this country is very rich, diverse, and will be one of your favorites, we assure you! Here so we all need to know about the typical food of Guatemala.
In Guatemala there is no denying the influence of two great powers in regard to the traditional dishes (which we commonly call mestizos). The Spanish culture is largely present after the conquest. However it has been mixed with the traditions of indigenous communities in Guatemala and ancient traditions. The result is an incredible fusion cuisine that will test your senses and leave you fascinated.
Recipe: Shrimp patties
Here we tell you how to prepare delicious shrimp patties perfect with appetizers and share with friends.
First we mix the two types of flour in a bowl and add a little salt. Then it's time to add water little by little and go mixing to incorporate. Finally it should be a thick and smooth.
Then wash well the shrimp and season them to taste, before incorporating them into our body along with the onion and finely chopped parsley.
Then form the dough patties and fry in a pan in a pan with a little oil. The brown them on both sides and let rest on paper towels before serving.
Are best served hot and accompanied by a sauce of chiles.
Other recipes that are sure to gustaros also if you liked
Other recipes that Guatemala bring to your table: