Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Cooking and Eating|
|Saturday, 21 April 2012 14:14|
America is a continent of great gastronomic diversity. Sure you will have seen that even within a country there are regional differences that depend in some cases in the history of the area, received colonial influences, in other cases depends on the availability of local products . Today is the turn of the typical foods of Bolivia, a journey of flavors.
Bolivia is one of the South American countries with the highest percentage of indigenous population. This statistic cold and factual, resulting in a rich history of Bolivian dishes. In Bolivia many dishes dating from pre-colonial influences have been incorporated after the Spanish conquest, resulting in unique dishes and representative of the culture that is now Bolivia.
Mix of cultures
Bolivia has a history going back some 20,000 years. How could it be otherwise, that heritage has influenced the Creole cuisine that would develop after the conquest. The products built after the Spanish rule are wheat and various meats (pork, lamb, chicken ). These ingredients are a fundamental part of the typical food of Bolivia.
The kitchen has a strong influence Bolivian Spanish, Indian and a little Arabic.
The recipe: Chop Male
First let's cut the meat in pieces and fry in oil (season to taste). Add a little vinegar. Then remove and fry a little sausages.
Besides going to cut into thin slices chorizo and we also fry.
We do the same with the potatoes, cut in the form of slices and fry.
Besides we will prepare a salad with julienned onions, diced tomatoes, seeded and locoto. Add salt and a drizzle of oil.
Mix the meat sausages, hot dogs and chips and serve with the salad onions.
More recipes from Bolivia
Here I share some recipes on video that you can not fail to try:
Traditional homemade tamales
Fritanga of Bolivia
Other recipes that will bring all the flavor of Bolivia to your table: