Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Monday, 13 December 2010 08:30|
Wax flower, houseplant. The appearance both shiny and velvety flowers of Hoya carnosa has been responsible for its popular name: the climbing really looks artificial, like it was made of wax or china and is one of the plants to grow more beautiful interior.
It is a perennial and very fragrant, native to Australia and parts of Asia, fleshy leaves and delicate star-shaped florets in a variety of shades between white and pink, appearing in the spring. It is easy to grow as long as we respect their needs, especially in regard to irrigation.
Scientific Name: Hoya carnosa
Common Names: Flower of wax, floor wax, wax, porcelain flower
Cultural requirements: wax flower should be grown in fertile soil rich in organic matter, very good drainage. Appreciated the warm bright environments, the best temperatures between 15 and 25 º C, but can only be located to direct light in the early morning or late afternoon. Anyway, it is preferable to have it in partial shade because the sun's rays can ruin its leaves and flowers. Not tolerate drafts.
Irrigation requirements: fleshy leaves containing a supply of water to protect the plant from any risk of drought. It is preferable to irrigate economically spend with water, mainly during the colder months, when to expect the substrate to dry before dipping it again.
Potting compost and changes: it is a species with good care can last a long time. To do this, you should pay it every 20 days in the flowering season, and replace your pot for a slightly higher every 2 or 3 years.
Use, grown in beds, pots and planters, always with good support, since it is a vine-like ornamental plant.
Multiplication: in spring, by cuttings or cuttings.