Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Friday, 03 September 2010 08:46|
Orchids of Venezuela, Venezuela's national flower. It is a species of orchid, epiphytic herb, its scientific name is Cattleya labiata and is native to South America. The Venezuelan orchid was declared national flower the May 23, 1951 after a thorough investigation.
This plant belongs to cattleyas unifoliate its pseudobulbs 15 to 20 cm high oblongoelíptica presents a single sheet. Its flower is between 20-25 centimeters in diameter, sepals and petals pink or purple wavy.
The sepals are lanceolate and the petals are wider, wavy and ovoid. They have a wonderful fragrance as well as beautiful and colorful flowers , the lower petal called labellum. The flowers can also be isolated or inflorescence composed of 3-5 and are pollinated by insects.
The ramifications of these orchids tend to grow downward in the autumn assumes a red color, its size is small. Its main characteristic is to be hermaphrodite with a column called gynostemium supporting reproductive structures.