Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Saturday, 10 July 2010 08:59|
White butterfly, national flower of Cuba. This plant belongs to the family Zingiberaceae, its scientific name is Hedychium coronarium which means fragrant snow. It is native to Asia but has adapted to the soils of Cuba and is their national flower.
This plant is known as "white butterfly" because of their whiteness and because it represents purity, strength, peace and unity. It has two stems, a thick underground and the other is air, straight and thin. Its leaves are large, measuring two feet in height.
Lanceolate leaves sheathed protect their beautiful flowers and delicate white, yellow or salmon and a delicious perfume, has three soft petals that displays a large corolla, has the stamens and pistils longer than seems butterfly wings.
It blooms all summer until October, requires daily sunlight and likes moist climates and soils. They are highly prized in gardens and as cut flowers, is used as a treatment for hair and skin.