Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Saturday, 29 September 2012 12:00|
Loss of biodiversity due to deforestation. The world's forests are home to hundreds of thousands of species that are facing serious problems due to deforestation.
Biodiversity is the incredible variety of plants and animals that live in ecosystems whose balance is being damaged, both by deforestation as climate change.
Deforestation not only leaves the animals habitat and destroys a lot of plants, but collaborates with global warming, whose effects are also increasing biodiversity loss worldwide.
Thousands of species are displaced, to be destroyed the forests where they lived forever, and extermination being exposed to all sorts of hardships that threaten their survival. Deforestation also causes food shortages, which means a big stress for many species.
In nature, the balance is destroyed by altering any element of an ecosystem. It is estimated that the loss of biodiversity in the world is caused by 80% by deforestation.