Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Tuesday, 14 August 2012 09:30|
Sandy soils are those which are mostly formed by mineral particles larger, measuring between 0.01 and 0.1 millimeters in diameter.
To determine whether a soil is of this type, you can apply the method of the cylinder home ground, consisting of amass land with a little water, modeling a cylinder 3 mm in diameter and 10 centimeters in length. If the soil cracks so that you can not work, the soil is very sandy.
If not crack, we again take the cylinder ground and try to form a circle with him, joining its two ends, in this case, cracks and this is a sandy loam soil is between 40 and 65% of sand. If not crack, we take again the cylinder of 1 mm and form a circle, if cracked, the soil is loamy.
One of the characteristics of sandy soils that drain too, so you need much water intake. Accordingly, do not retain the nutrients, which must also pay them much. When selecting species to plant, we choose those that best resist moisture, such as Mediterranean plants, palms, succulents ...
A good solution is to correct the sandy soil by adding clay and peat.