Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Tuesday, 14 August 2012 09:15|
The incredible cypress trees that survived fire breaking out. Seeing a large group of cypress survived the brutal fire that burned 20,000 hectares in Andilla, Valencia, produces strange sensations.
Amid the ashes and desolation, 946 cypress stand, almost entirely green and vital, like a mirage cool.
It is known that the cypress trees burn less than others, partly because they generate mulch around them, which retains the moisture of the soil. But that has burned only 1.26% of the total of these cypresses planted 22 years ago, is almost miraculous.
The status of these trees, is gaining attention for specialists, who question whether it is worth planting a species not native to protect others that they are, in case of using the cypress as a firewall.
To discuss this issue and analyze why the fire resistance of these trees, the September 27 meeting in Valencia a group of about 30 experts.