Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Monday, 06 August 2012 20:21|
The great beauty of the Strelitzia makes it the perfect item to be included in the landscaping. The fact is that this plant has palm-shaped leaves emerge and symmetrical as a range that can reach three meters.
In the care of this plant should be emphasized that is very sensitive to cold, to the point where frost does not support. In addition, you need to grow in fertile soil. It is also important not to put it in a place where there is sun directly, as it burned to the ground and would not have a proper development.
The Strelitzia watering should be abundant in summer, since there is little rainfall at this time of year, and it should be suspended in winter, as temperatures at that time are extremely low. Reproduction is generated by seeds or by budding in the spring.
One of the varieties of this plant is the Strelitzia Reginae, which is better known as Bird of Paradise. This model is characterized by growth in groups of several individuals, with petiolate leaves a nice green color - blue, and its flowers are orange and purple in the form of keel.