Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Wednesday, 01 August 2012 09:15|
The truth about the consequences of hydraulic fracturing, documentary. Thousands of people are moving to Spain are not carried out projects to extract gas from shale in the land.
For this type of natural gas, we need a procedure known as "hydraulic fracturing" or "fracking." The same is extremely aggressive to the earth, and that injects million liters of water and chemicals that produce rupture of the shale rock, in order to release the gas trapped between them.
This type of operation is extremely dangerous, especially for aquifers, as there are great opportunities for contamination. The experience of other countries like the United States amply demonstrates. The wells of the people living in the area of the perforations mannan contaminated water, sometimes even until the taps are set on fire by the gas flowing through the pipes.
This film not only deals with the problem of hydraulic fracturing, but it touches very interesting points about the media, regarding strategies to get people to be swayed lies, just for the sake of repeating the TV or simply by not questioning them.
It's called "The sky is pink," is subtitled in Spanish, and is a material that all possible affected by hydraulic fracturing in the world (Burgos, Cantabria, Palencia in Spain), they should look carefully.