Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Saturday, 21 July 2012 09:00|
To grow artichokes keep in mind that between 7 and 29 ° C you can grow without any problem, where in an area where there is no frost. Anyway, the best development of this plant comes when it is at temperatures between 15 and 21 º C.
Artichokes are planted in shoots in spring and for planting, from July to August is the best time. One advantage is that the root system of this plant is very strong and deep, so you can adapt well to most soils, but where is best developed in sandy soil, fertile and well drained.
The irrigation system most often used for artichokes is to blanket flood. The spray has the advantage of creating an atmosphere of moisture around the plant which favors much growth and production. It is important that the soil is always wet and that the risks are common during the growing period.
The collection of artichokes, when the time is staggered and begin in the fall, particularly from November. Commercial plantations are usually annual, and in particular this time round but also depends on the conditions you had during their growth.