Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Tuesday, 03 July 2012 09:15|
New species : The world's smallest fly. have discovered in Thailand, the smallest midge has been known until now.
The tiny insect belongs to the Forida fly especide Thailand, and was given the name Euryplatea nanaknihali.
This new species of fly, has a size 15 times smaller than the common housefly and 5 times smaller than the fruit fly because it reaches only 0.4 millimeters.
The family to which it belongs, known as Phoridae, has a rare ability: to decapitate ants. Eggs are laid on the body of the ant and the larvae feed on birth head until they get your total decapitation.
Being so small the new fly, they think it can be used to decapitate ants small, as their older sisters are already used in the beheading of fire ants of the southern United States.
Hopefully it will not escape from the hands of this fly expansion to control other pests, and to let the new flies into place, without altering other ecosystems.