Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Tuesday, 26 June 2012 09:00|
Shell forced to leave indigenous lands in Brazil. Sometimes it feels so hard to change the current situation on Earth, as the material interests that seem to have an indestructible power.
But every time you act or you support the actions of people fighting for their rights and welfare of nature, are still part of the change we want.
It's nice to give good news like this, and I think will become increasingly frequent. The world celebrates a triumph ecologist important aside indigenous biofuel company Raizen, the oil group Shell .
This multinational grown from 2o10, sugar cane for ethanol production on land belonging to the Guarani, for export to Europe. As a result of these agricultural activities the Indians were displaced, and surrounded by pollution.
Also suffered water shortages along with the destruction of forests tropical, which gave them everything they needed for their livelihood.
Thanks to the many protests and conflicts that were generated by the sad situation, Shell withdraws and undertakes not to grow more cane in the indigenous territories, they should check prior to any project to FUNAI (Brazilian Indian Foundation).
An environmentalist and indigenous victory, raising hopes of being able to live in a world more fair and respectful to all that is part of nature.