Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Ecology and Environment|
|Monday, 13 February 2012 10:15|
New species found in Antarctica. The wealth of our planet is so incredible that continues to dazzle. Now the big surprise has been the Southern Ocean.
The discovery of new species has been around recently discovered thermal ducts in Antarctica, more than 2,400 meters deep.
The exploration that got these incredible results was conducted by researchers from the universities of Oxford and Southampton, aboard the RRS James Cook, the United Kingdom.
These beings, in the absence of sunlight-eating bacteria that feed on substances dissolved in hot water. Among them were new species yeti crab, starfish 7-arm, barnacles and octopus. Some of these animals are only found in this area of the planet.
What is most strange to browsers is not the discovery of these new species, but the fact that the fauna usual hot spring vents of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans was not present in those found in the Antarctic. This implies that these ecosystems are isolated from other similar find in the rest of the world.