Latest in the Section
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
- Tips for Planting organic tomatoes
- The ultimate chocolate packaging designs
- Vehicles with green technology
- Interesting and fun gardening tricks to care for your plants
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Parasol able to charge electronic devices by solar
- PIXERS, decals cult film
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Science|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2007 21:42|
Camels are a source of popular myths. It's true that can survive for weeks without water or food. But despite the popular belief that says so, the camel's hump is not filled with water but fat.
Something that characterizes their huge camel lips are not suitable for inveterate kissers. Such broad and tanned lips let them deal with the spines of almost any desert plant, so it can eat almost anything. Obviously the plants are scarce in the desert, and that's why camels are specially prepared to overcome the shortage, and taking full when what they find.
The digestive system helps a camel to squeeze the most of everything you can from infrequent meals. This makes digesting food several times in the three cameras is their stomach. And they are also prepared to absorb the most moisture from the plants they eat, so get water.
After all that eating, store it as fat in his hump. You can accumulate up to 36 kilos of fat on their backs. Then, as the camel is consuming these fats, if not get food, the hump is shrinking, even the loose skin falls to the side if they have eaten all the fat.
It is hard to see a baby camel hump, just beginning to accumulate when they ingest solid foods. Then again just to eat, a good night's sleep, and the hump is upright again.
Therefore it is not advisable to invite a camel to dinner, as it can get to drink 75 liters of water at once, without going to eat everything you have on hand without stopping.