Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Science|
|Friday, 03 July 2009 21:28|
There have discovered three new types of dinosaurs Australians, in the State of Queensland, two herbivores and a carnivore. These new findings will shed light on all the puzzles that still remain on the lives of dinosaurs.
Although Australia is a poor territory as far as regards fossil discoveries, not South America or Africa, it is true that in recent years have found many fossils in an area of Queensland. The carnivore has been nicknamed Banjo Australovenator wintonensis, and is the most comprehensive carnivorous dinosaur found in Australian territory.
"For its time, Banjo was light and agile. He could run quickly in the open. While other dinosaurs had similar short arms, the arms of Banjo was one of his main weapons. It is like the Australian response to the Velociraptor, but three times as big and scary ". Banjo's discovery casts a resolution to a mystery that was already 28 years old, on a bone in his ankle found, it was thought that belonged to an Allosaurus.
The other two dinosaurs are a Witonotitan wattsi and Diamantinasaurus matildae, known by the nicknames of Clancy and Matilda. They are two different types of Titanosaurus, the largest of all dinosaurs.
And we have to prepare for further findings because the scientists say, although he found many fossils, are only the tip of the iceberg.
Source | ScienceDaily