Latest in the Section
- Dr. Alderete in TRImarchiDG, a graphic designer with a style Argentinian Mexican
- No. 4 Block House, one contemporary pagoda in Nanjing, China
- Internet versus school, is an educational system obsolete?
- Recipe: Homemade chocolate Yolado
- Ecological toy for cats that runs on solar power
- Tips for planting in your garden Crambe
- How to plant papaya in my garden?
- Type Letterpress, calendar printed on cotton leaves
- Levitaton, future bicycle equipped with mobile wifi
- The best reading furniture with room to store books
Popular in the Section
- The new Bottega Veneta bag for men with style
- Cartier launches a watch with gemstone
- Tesco Home can buy virtually from the underground
- Montblanc pays tribute to Alfred Hitchcock with a new set of pens
- Current state: Snowboarding, un libro de David Benedek
- The Higgs boson for dummies
- Paella Valenciana
- Inventor of the paper
- Since Cleopatra died
- The singing of the whales would be a conversation
|Culture & Science - Science|
|Tuesday, 06 December 2011 01:32|
Stem cells are a number of cells in the body only when they are not specialized and have the ability to develop into any cell type.
Are different specialized cells in another aspect: the stem cells may replicate many times over long periods of time. This ability is called proliferation. Stem cells can even assist in the repair of muscle or nerve tissue, such as replacement of damaged cells.
Where are you?
These cells can be found in various sources of the body. Its name indicates the source from which they derive.
These come from embryos in the early stages of development. Become slightly more specialized as they mature.
These come from a fetus. About nine weeks, a mature embryo enters the fetal stage of development. Fetal stem cells found in fetal tissue and blood and bone marrow.
These derived from the umbilical cord. They are similar to those found in mature or adult stem cells.
They are contained by the placenta. Like the umbilical cord, specialize and develop into specific cell types. The placenta contains several times more stem cells than umbilical cords.
These are present in mature tissues of infants, children and adults. Also found in blood cells of fetuses and umbilical cords. Are specific to a particular tissue or organ and produce cells within that organ or tissue. Help maintain and repair organs and tissues throughout the life of a person.
Photo | Flickr