Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Internet|
|Saturday, 25 June 2011 13:50|
Vodafone does not provide the admin password of the ADSL router to new customers. This prevents access to some advanced settings and the possibility of using the router with other operators. However, a bug management interface HG556 can easily change the admin password and get full permissions.
Change the admin password is possible thanks to the administration interface does not check user credentials when accessing a URL which is to alter the key of any of the three users are pre-configured in the system.
To use it you just have to be logged with the standard user vodafone / vodafone and go directly to the URL specified in item " A Bug to change the admin pass in HG553 and HG556a "of Huawei HG556 forum .
The trick is useful to bypass the protection of Vodafone, but also poses a new risk, since any user on the LAN or connected to a WiFi network can take full control of the router.
The bug has been reported by a forero who preferred to publish anonymously in the forum. It is not the first time you get a key method to get the router's admin Vodafone.