Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - General|
|Wednesday, 20 February 2013 01:43|
In an official Apple laptops announced that some of its employees were affected by a hacker attack executed through a vulnerability in Java, without compromising data or company information. Today released a patch to protect users Mac.Continuando all the recent wave of computer security incidents websites and social networks, Apple has stated through an official statement that a small amount of their employees' computers were infected product from an attack by hackers, who used the same kind of malware seen in the recently reported intrusion Facebook . This malware exploits a critical vulnerability of web navigation complement belonging to the latest version of Java, in an unusual situation for Apple.
According to the originally reported Reuters there is no evidence that any data has left the shelter of the company, as well as any kind of private information of its users, Mac systems infected were identified and isolated at the time, being a limited number of computers. However, this weakness is present in all Apple computers with the latest version of Java installed, so that the company released the same day to its users a supplement to protect any vulnerable computer.
So far Apple has not made any other statement beyond its statement, which we reproduce in full below:
Apple has identified a malware that has infected a limited number of Mac systems through a vulnerability in the browser plug-in for Java. This malware was used in an attack on Apple and other companies, being spread through a software developer site. We identified a small number of Apple systems infected were isolated from our network. There is no evidence that any data has left the company and we are working closely with the respective bodies of law to find the source of this malware. From the Lion operating system, Macs have been distributed without Java preinstalled, and as an added security measure Java OS X automatically disabled if not used for 35 days. To protect Mac users who have already installed Java, today will release a tool to analyze and remove malware from Mac systems should be found.
Twitter, Facebook, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal are just a few of the companies that have been victims of cyber attacks recently. According to the latest reports leaked, the source of all infections and was placed in the forum for application developers iPhoneDevSDK , where they spread the malware planted by hackers, using the benchmark reputation as specialized web portal.
The problem with Java already has a few weeks after being reported at the time and appeared to have reached no higher, however is far when you are aware of the consequences of this gap in system security.