Latest in the Section
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
- Harry Potter's spell to hack Macs
- Microsoft prepares major changes to the interface of the new Xbox
- The cool new Microsoft ad for IE10
- Best of the Week XVI: apps, extensions and programs
- Opportunity is the vehicle NASA has traveled farther away from Earth
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - General|
|Wednesday, 08 August 2012 23:59|
For brands it is vital that speak well of them in social networks. Many people have managed to emerge as opinion leaders because of what we discussed on the web, so marketers looking to spoil any means so to get a good review. Nor is it unusual for users with some level of influence their entries listed in Twitter or Facebook states. Ever got to know a person who collected about 800 USD in exchange for about four or five tweets. It's a business for all parties.
With this in mind, Playhouse Nightclub, a prestigious nightclub in Los Angeles, has decided to offer VIP treatment to visitors Klout whose score exceeds 50. For those not familiar with Klout , this is a gauge of influence that has gained considerable notoriety in recent months (JJ Velasco examined from top to bottom in Bitelia). Through this service, calculates an index of influence, which indicates quantitatively the extent that you have in social networks. In addition, level up in Klout is increasingly difficult, for example, it is easier going from 30 to 31 that 50 to 51 -. The average user's score is 20 , so that reaching the barrier means 50 positioned within a select 5% of the people. Although it is used by a number of users, Klout is also criticized because they know the parameters used in their algorithms.
At first glance, it seems that the decision Playhouse Nightclub is good: good for those users to be influential for good press, but, incidentally, does not seem to need both. Sounds like the typical idea that inspires other businesses to seek a similar strategy. To me it seems a bad idea. It's understandable desire of brands and stores to be mentioned, and if a positive way, what better (even, there are times that even a negative review can have attractive). To a greater or less extent, is widespread through dynamic discounts, special rates, among others.
The problem, I think, is in execution. Measuring influence in social networks has become an obsession. In that sense, although apparently Klout provide a reliable measurement, it is still an interpretation and reduction. How do you know that a user with a certain rate is, indeed, an opinion leader in the business we seek? In the end, these types of promotions carry an inherent risk: how do we know that the opinion of that person is not regarded as flawed or sold? I have seen many times that friends or acquaintances with more than 10 to 20,000 fans are at risk of recommending a product, service or place just because they liked it. What is the response they receive? A statement such as "how much you have paid for writing about that?".
The influence and prestige, as symbolic capital, are in constant construction. Marketing often fails to understand that part. The best way to speak well of your brand is not only to consent to certain users to give a good review, the secret is to treat all in providing good service and accept feedback. That, ultimately, is more beneficial for all who seek short-term business or, worse, segment your customers with differential treatment. Is it that they are not as influential on the web must be worth less?