Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - General|
|Friday, 03 August 2012 22:00|
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has proposed that the Pirate Parties International (PPI) is included as an observer in meetings of the association. The PPI is the agency responsible for coordinating the global movement of Pirate Parties, which have started in about 33 countries (15 are officially registered, including the Party of Spain, Catalonia and Pirates Pirates of Galicia). In Latin America are Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico (this apparently disarticulated from 2011) and Uruguay, etc., and discusses its creation in Venezuela, Peru and Colombia.
WIPO is a United Nations agency dedicated to the administration of international treaties on intellectual property. With the participation of 185 nations and 250 observer organizations . Observers are divided into intergovernmental organizations and NGOs, the aim is that members of industry, politics and civil society are represented, though in practice it is somewhat uneven.
If accepted as an observer, the PPI would be able to participate in WIPO meetings, but would not be entitled to vote on resolutions. Your income will be discussed in the next round of sessions, scheduled to be held in Genoa between 1 and 9 October. WIPO is not distinguished by inviting public interest organizations, most observers are
This invitation can be understood as an acknowledgment (late) of WIPO for the work they have had the Pirate Parties in different countries and have gained weight in the discussions. For example, in Germany won 15 seats of the Parliament of Berlin in 2011, with 8.9% of the vote. Your participation as a counterweight to the decisions of the defenders of copyright is crucial: how can we forget when the Swedish Pirate Party stood up to the RIAA and managed to rescue the Pirate Bay ?