Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - General|
|Saturday, 26 May 2012 00:02|
Circulating in Facebook an invitation from # YoSoy132 movement to hit broadcasters where it hurts: in the rating. This is a call not to tune the signals of TV Azteca and Televisa for this weekend (Saturday 26 and Sunday 27). Not the first time that a boycott is brewing like, just remember that April 30 was held last year at # ApagonTelevisa in response to statements of Adela Micha and Joaquin Lopez Doriga in "Third Degree", with discouraging results .
Although the target of the protest is the same, the differences are striking: # YoSoy132 is probably the movement emanated from social networks that greater social mobilization has had in recent years compared with a faint, perhaps, in the case of # InternetNecesario. Last Wednesday, there were at least 15 thousand people in the concentration of Estela de Luz (not counting thousands more in different cities). If we look at the numbers joint Federal District (15 mil), Monterrey (5000), Guadalajara (3000) and Puebla (3000)-four of the largest cities in the country, we estimate at least 26 000 participants. To that, we add the contributions of the demonstrations in Oaxaca, Merida, Saltillo, Tijuana, León and other items provided some hundreds (or thousands) more to the cause.
To this we must add the social support which account # YoSoy132, popular support was not # ApagonTelevisa at the time. The movement has a "blank check" on their hands. For that reason, it is important to begin to be a definition of objectives. Political scientist Genaro Lozano rightly explains in his text "What can you learn # YoSoy132 of other movements in the world"
From my perspective, the call to boycott contributes little. They already have the attention and public support. It's no use other statement of principles that just says the same. That are against media manipulation, we understand and support. Have reached a stage where it no longer reaches catharsis. For that reason, I find it more interesting the call to the first university assembly on Wednesday 30 May at 12:00 hours, at UNAM. Because there can find a distinction, in the first instance, be described as an anti-or pro-Peña Nieto Lopez Obrador (who are together but not mixed) and make it clear that his goal remains intact: the democratization of the media.
Lozano points out that a concrete demand should be to force the media to make clear if they have a political stance. I would point out another area of opportunity: to appeal to the media decentralization. Not only is that TV Azteca and Televisa improve the quality of its content: it's about creating conditions to open more independent spaces. The problem of manipulation is not unique to television but also radio stations, newspapers and websites. The result is that the media (regardless of platform) establish a de facto power in the service of those who can afford it. Democratize access, but also creation. There is another good starting point. Do not know about you, but I think a little more helpful in the long run to turn off the television for a weekend.