Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - General|
|Sunday, 06 May 2012 21:39|
DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) is the agency linked to the Department of Defense United States that is responsible for developing research projects related to the U.S. Army. The structure of the agency is quite large and has the support of companies, universities and research centers across the country with which develops projects as PETMAN , AVATAR , forays into the world of Big Data or insect-cyborgs in which intend to install embedded systems. Given that the work of DARPA should reverse in the U.S. Armed Forces, the agency announced a new line of work and seeking to develop nanochips that can be implanted in the troops and monitor, at a distance, their vital signs .
Why monitor the health of the soldiers? The idea of DARPA is that this implant allows the control of any mission to detect, proactively, any enfedermedad the soldier to avoid having to perform, for example, a medical evacuation in the middle of a mission. Seen this way may at first glance may seem that research is novel because, today, there are multiple tele-assistance systems and remote patient monitoring but in the eyes of this DARPA research has much to offer and can make a before and after.
According to data provided by DARPA, most medical evacuations taking place in the front are derived from common diseases and injuries not caused in combat so that, by monitoring, could detect these mishaps occur long before, and Therefore, replacing its effective if necessary.
DARPA wants to develop this system on a chip that can be implanted in soldiers and also has the ability to transmistir information on vital signs and also to send data on their position or even his psychological state. The truth is that the project is quite striking and, frankly, is very close to the border of invasion of privacy, for example, when a soldier is on leave, going to the reserve or withdrawn.