Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - General|
|Tuesday, 24 January 2012 03:55|
Within days, if not already happened this weekend, Televisa launches a new reality show. Have exhausted the subject of singers, dancers, Big Brothers, singers who dance, dancers who sing with ex-Big Brothers and other curious combinations. Who are the characters for this new opportunity? The imitators.
Meanwhile, across the spectrum, a few television channels, TV Azteca is also preparing his new reality. What innovative theme will compete for the Mexican public favor in the premium schedule on Sundays? You guessed it: another competition from imitators.
Ironic. And boring.
This relationship of "competition" between the two largest television companies in Mexico is recurrent. For years, for example, every Christmas or New Year, do not remember well, both television broadcast Titanic. Yes, dear reader: both television broadcasting in the best of their schedule the same movie for maybe four hours worth synchrony Olympics. Mexico mass mourns the death of Jack Dawson, each year, at the same time, by the same channels. That way, the viewer only has commercial breaks as a differentiator to choose between one channel or another.
The truth is that at this point the question of who imitates who loses sense because for all practical purposes both Televisa and TV Azteca, are one thing and the same: a huge waste of resources to design the worst possible programming the same way, every day, with its reality shows, football matches, news, talk shows, news, in a cynical and cowardly.
Why talk about this? It happens that these days the Mexican authorities ponder afford to buy half the shares in the telephone operator Iusacell by Televisa, the first one owned by TV Azteca (Grupo Salinas). The purchase is accepted, Televisa and TV Azteca would close an unprecedented alliance for telecommunications in Mexico. The new monster result of the merger only with papers and actions confirm that stock up telling them that they are not two heads but a very dangerous and ready to engulf everything in its path with a power multiplied.
Of course, the same can not attract. So Telmex owner Carlos Slim and countless other things, through its partner Dish and MVS Communications, issued a statement
The phrase "disproportionate share" has its charms whenever he says it is actually one of the leading Latin American monopolies and as such responsible for the backwardness of Mexico major in communications, complete with the wide band insignificant . The claim is valid though. Let the rest:
The truth is that TV viewers open and Mexican trade has no options, only a simulation of variety television in the 80 stagnant, mediocre collection of imitation series, game shows, refried autoplagios. Innovative programs for Mexican television can be counted on the palm of your hand.
As stated by John M. Ackerman in La Jornada :
Competition in telecomuniciones shameful farce is a fruit that speak for themselves, as "Laura", "window" and a miserable communications strategy that inhibits the explosion of our technological development. The TV Azteca, Televisa alliance install a monopoly to the list, with Telmex in the lead, again in election time.
The Internet based on openness, horizontality, transparency, neutrality, contracts, peer-to-peer, it seems too advanced compared with ideas that dominate the landscape of telecommunications in Mexico, it only remains to conclude that decision makers in this country and coerce lobbies that live in the prehistory of opinion only.