Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Video Games|
|Thursday, 04 November 2010 23:41|
If there is a genre that has become fashionable in a few months, that was the ball game. Until now this was a rarity born in 1998 with Dance Dance Revolution, better known as DDR, Konami arcade dance. One oddity that had many followers but failed to reach the public.
So it's not inappropriate to recall what it meant DDR. In the Japanese arcade came to the West and consoles, an important step towards the consolidation of gender. Through all the systems from Sony: PSX, PS2 and PS3 will. The Microsoft console also had his share as Nintendo, with special attention to the latest installment for Wii Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party which also needed to use the arms because it made use of the wiimote.
But apart from the many installments of the franchise for Konami, there had been major developments in the matter of dance games. The turning point was the announcement of Kinect. Companies quickly saw the possibilities was the enhancement. Two words echoed in the minds of executives of large companies, "party" and "dance." The two best ways to make money, they say, is to exploit these two kinds of the most merciless as they could.
When I was at the Gamefest clearly saw two major trends. On the one hand sports games, exercise and dance. But today we talk about the dance. On the one hand, we have the impressive Central Dance presented at E3 this year and quite possibly the best launch game for Kinect. In the same E3 announced another important title dance in irregular Ubisoft conference presented the Michael Jackson game for all current platforms.
The truth that both games can not be more different proposals. Michael Jackson's video game continues to be a way to harness the pull of the king of pop. It's been a year and some months since he died but his commercial pull remains very much alive, much more than it was in his last years. Everyone knows that the roll of "martyr" has sold very well from early Christianity to today. Artists who die "young" become legends: Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon and the last to join the select club is Michael Jackson. And the legends sell very well, so Ubisoft executives thought, "Why do not we do a dance game based on Michael Jackson?" Said and done. The next thing is to take the maximum possible platforms to maximize sales. Sure it's a hit though as I doubt a little more.
On the other hand Harmonix has done something more serious, at least that is what seems a priori. A hugely careful, intended only for Kinect. The U.S. company has a lot of prestige in this musical games, the ones who created Guitar Hero. Dance Central, after all, no longer dance on Guitar Hero. Having played five minutes , and convincing.
Besides these two great games, there are other more modest contributions. Of course, Konami can not be left behind because the deans are in the genre. His proposal is Kinect Dance Evolution which will hit stores on November 10, the release date of Kinect. PS3 and Wii has prepared Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 3.
Another dance game Dance Paradise Kinect is that even the name is certainly suspect. The interface is based on the vicissitudes of Xbox 360 and is quite poor when compared with the competition. Although the key here is the list of songs, and in this, to taste the colors. The game is scheduled for autumn this year.
So in a few months we will have to bore dance games. For those who like dancing is great news but we must be careful, but while playing, there will be much mediocre product only made to sell. I, for now, I would go for Dance Central a safe bet. We've tried and we loved it , plus IGN also convinced. Do you guys do you think?