Latest in the Section
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
- Harry Potter's spell to hack Macs
- Microsoft prepares major changes to the interface of the new Xbox
- The cool new Microsoft ad for IE10
- Best of the Week XVI: apps, extensions and programs
- Opportunity is the vehicle NASA has traveled farther away from Earth
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Video Games|
|Friday, 14 September 2012 01:49|
Far from the typical leisure and entertainment that define the game, there are times when the harsh events that occur in reality, crossing borders of virtual worlds and moved by an entire community of players. On Tuesday 11 September, took place in the city of Benghazi (Libya), an assault on the U.S. consulate, through an armed group of radical Muslims exalted because of the publication of a movie that mocks their religious beliefs. In this devastating attack, the U.S. ambassador was killed along with three of his aides in a horrible example of the misfortunes that can make humans.
The relationship you have with this news gaming industry lies in the victim Sean Smith, one of the officers killed , it was one of the best players in the EVE Online community. During the years he handled his avatar Vile Rat, got out from the crowd for his diplomatic skills and ability to resolve conflicts. These facts and involvement in many of the major events within the title, got grant a recess within the game board, a position selected by vote of the players, which would make the work of intermediary between fans and the group of developers.
As is typical within the MMO, the controversies and discussions between players flooded the forums of the game with long talks between rivals. However, since his identity was known as one of the victims of the incident, the entire gaming community, joined in a united movement to commemorate his memory and raised hundreds of condolence messages in all forums on the web. The Mittani, one of the greatest players of the game and a personal friend of the victim, described him in the following words
Other events of remembrance continue to emerge spontaneously within the EVE Online game and can already see many buildings that bear his name with pride. In the coming days, expect a formal statement by the developers with the announcement of a comprehensive act to his memory.
This sad news reminds us that people are always behind every character in MMO games: anonymous men and women full of big dreams and illusions. Since we joined Joystiq loss and light a candle to his memory endures
Rest in peace mate