Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Video Games|
|Saturday, 18 August 2012 01:52|
We had just been talking about the new forms of content distribution that are changing the gaming scene when it comes this news: Kotaku reports that Onlive has declared bankruptcy (though not exactly a state bankruptcy but technically similar but differently named "allowance the benefit of creditors ").
Supposedly pioneers in cloud games are in serious economic problems but a representative said the service will continue on.
On Friday morning there was a meeting where the workers were informed of the situation of the company by President Steve Pearlman, who said that it has requested the status mentioned to have some protection from creditors and OnLive as such ceases to exist, ending all current jobs.
A new company will be formed to be announced from the remains of OnLive , which can accommodate only current staff.
Brian Fargo, developer and president of inXile Entertainment sent the following email to Kotaku:
Given this news, the Forbes website immediately contacted Brian Jaquet , director of corporate communications for OnLive who answered
Forbes When pressed for an answer, Jaquet said:
And that was all he said, but in truth it was as clear as his words belie Kotaku report.
It is a sad news but hopefully the company reborn from its ashes and clear, I can not help but wonder what will happen to the contract that had been Ouya with the service.