Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Video Games|
|Tuesday, 14 August 2012 04:00|
Undoubtedly one of the most anticipated games for this year is Borderlands 2 and no wonder, its gameplay is fun and in particular I think has a great aesthetic, that is why those involved in its creation should use the Growing public interest for the title instead of walking talking nonsense.
Just revealed a new talent tree called " Best Friends Forever "that belongs to a new class, the Mechromance r (good pun by the way) which basically allow players to share some playtime with someone inexperienced in games, allowing the "newbies" to adapt, or perhaps helping us to spend some time having fun with someone who does not usually play video games, something like an easy-mode class.
And all that is fine, it's a good idea, but John Hemingway, chief designer of Borderlands 2 had the bright idea to describe the tree as follows:
Clear that social networks exploded against this comment (baptized or as "girlfriend mode" in twitter), and I do not want to be disparaging Hemingway with female audiences, but the designer no doubt reflects here an old stereotype that seems difficult to remove , women do not play video games are bad with a control or prefer characters "cute" and also your girlfriend look ugly because you're "with your slot machines" instead of admiring his new haircut, which is already far from the Actually, the last census of the Entertainment Software Association has yielded that 47% of gamers are women and the women's sector over 18 years is one of the areas fastest growing demographic, and as a personal anecdote, I know several girls gamers whose recreation consists primarily of several FPS, MMO, RPG and even a still plays an old MUD.
Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software had to respond quickly to the dispute and clarify the words of his clueless designer:
Do you think the tree to shake the new label? Finally, I said ecetianos, no girlfriend mode. Repeat. NO Hemingway girlfriend mode and is not sexist (intentionally). Now they can go back to their usual activities gamer.