Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Video Games|
|Tuesday, 10 April 2012 04:00|
I do not know if any of you have had the incredible satisfaction of playing a title "old man" in front of a child and watch mock the "ugly games we played." Then I could laugh out loud when, after paying for test control, the pre-pubescent could not even deliver the first pit and jump over an enemy correctly. I really loved the show that "my games" are not as easy as they seem.
It turns out that science gives me the reason and categorizes games Nintendo and Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Pokémon as "NP hard", a term of computational complexity that says the time execution of an algorithm ... well ... in short, these games are difficult and researchers proved it mathematically. Although I think we discovered the fun way, dying over and over again until we learned the time of "spawneo" of the bugs, the frequency of attacks and speed of mobile platforms, where were the 1ups and bonuses and clear, after developing blisters on their fingers like that later became proud calluses.
IProgrammer Alex Armstrong explains about these difficulties:
The researchers, like us, know that there is a way to find "the right way" to overcome these games, and some become so good that they are able to finish them in minutes , but this way takes time to be decoded after trial and error.
The study covers only five cases, but I would add two titles that I think, were quite difficult to master: Contra and Megaman.
What other titles included in the list?