Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Software|
|Saturday, 28 July 2012 22:36|
A few days ago we mentioned that one of the greatest mistakes, in my view, he had made Google with Google + was the absence of an API that would allow third-party applications to access this network, ie not allow the user Update your status using applications like HootSuite or Buffer. While it is true that Google + is beginning to open (and has a beta for "open" pages of companies ), which seems to be doing just the opposite is Twitter because, with increasing frequency, we know of cases in which closed its API to various services and the truth begins to seem strange this change without any further explanation.
Early last year the suspension of the application of Übermedia Twidroid ÜberTwitter and made rivers of ink, but in the end, this decision did not surprise a lot because Übermedia had violated the terms of service. However, earlier this month , Twitter closed the API on LinkedIn (which unified the publications) e sta same week ended Instagram has the functionality to find friends on Twitter.
While Instagram can still post to Twitter (logical because it generates content in this network), this closure without notice and without explanation is an ugly twist that seems closer to the rivalry with Facebook to respond to a clear criterion of using the API (Foursquare because this option is running smoothly). Whether you are establishing a new policy, it is not yet published and therefore the rules should be equal for all services provided do not contravene the rules imposed, ie open or close API is arbitrarily a practice that I think Twitter can harm more than help it.
Thanks to the Twitter API, many developers have worked in services that complement the capabilities of this network and, for example, allow us to obtain much better statistics or locate topics of the moment . While Twitter is the owner of their APIs, opening and closing access without clear criteria (and usually to harm competition) do not think is the way forward and makes you have the feeling of being in a "dictatorship" in which the services are highlighted sections of this peaceful symbiosis thus preventing them to grow thanks to the Twitter service.
And what we could bring these new rules of use? Based on the fact that Twitter itself forward to be strict and who want to walk along a path in which developers do their work inside the Twitter, I must say I'm not very optimistic about what might happen and, frankly, I see that with so many restrictions (and the idea of empowering customers own) is endangered ecosystem value of applications and services that, in my view, contributed value Twitter.